- List Price
- Sold on Apr 26, 2020
- 7 + den
- 6,977 sq/ft
Lovingly Updated Braemar Estate On a 15,500+ sqft lot
Introducing 998 Dempsey Road, an elegant family home on a 15,500+ sq/ft estate sized lot surrounded by lush greenbelt and manicured gardens. This one-owner home has been lovingly maintained and updated, offering 7 bedrooms and 6.5 bathrooms across 6,977 square feet of living space with an extensive list of luxury features.
The grand main level features soaring ceilings with over-height windows and bamboo hardwood flooring. Spacious rooms throughout include the welcoming and bright living room with gas fireplace and southern treed outlook, intimate dining room with beverage bar and wine fridges, and two versatile bedrooms that double as a library and office. Enjoy home cooked meals in the Georgie Awards finalist chef's kitchen with large center island, impressive stone counters, and top of the line appliances including two Sub Zero fridges, three dishwasher cabinets, and a 6-burner gas stove, among other luxuries. The adjacent eating area and family room are great for family use, with a natural gas fireplace, custom built media cabinets, and access to both the south facing balcony and backyard deck with gas bib for barbecue and fire pit. Completing the main is a walk-in pantry with deep freeze, laundry room with two washers and three dryers, and powder room.
The upper level offers plenty of light throughout the four generous bedrooms, including a huge master wing featuring a walk-in-closet, private balcony, and must-see 6-piece en-suite with free standing bathtub, two vanities, Hansgrohe steam shower, and towel warmer. The remaining 3-bedrooms share two fully updated bathrooms, including attic storage and a second balcony great for morning coffee.
The lower level is an entertainers dream, highlighted by a home theatre system with amphitheater seating, games room complete with pool table and kitchen, and french doors providing access to a swimming pool and spa surrounded by mature landscaping. Two bedrooms, including a nanny suite with walk-in-closet and 4-piece bathroom, a well-equipped gym, refrigerated wine room, mud room, and seventh bathroom complete the lower.
Other high end features throughout the home include; infrared security system with DVR, wired and smart home ready with Control4, six zone in-home audio, LG Art Cool air-conditioning units in the kitchen and family room, automatic blinds, safe room with reinforced walls, and ten-zone in-floor radiant heat.
Situated on a terraced corner lot that backs onto forever greenbelt, just steps to hiking and mountain biking trails and a short drive to Lynn Valley. A fantastic family home that is not to be missed.
- List Price [LP]: $3,298,000
- Last Updated: June 24, 2020, 8:38 a.m.
- Sale Price [SP]:
- Sale Date: April 26, 2020
- Off Market Date: April 26, 2020
- Address: 998 Dempsey Road
- MLS® Number: R2429048
- Type: Single Family
- Style of Home: 3-Storey
- Title: Freehold
- Age: 23 years
- Year Built: 1997
- Bedrooms: 7
- Total Bathrooms: 7
- Full Bathrooms: 6
- Half Bathrooms: 1
- Dens: 1
- Fireplaces: 2
- Floors: 3
- Int. Area: 6,977 sq/ft
- Main Floor: 2,829 sq/ft
- Above Main Floor Area: 1,799 sq/ft
- Below Main Floor Area: 2,349 sq/ft
- # of Kitchens: 2
- Lot Size: 15,597 sq/ft
- Frontage: 104.99
- Depth: 150.92/72.18
- Gross Taxes: $9911.02
- Taxes Year: 2019
- Roof: Cedar Shake (0 Years Old)
- Heat: Radiant In-Floor Heat | Natural Gas
- Included Items: Sub Zero Fridges (x2), Sub Zero Freezer Drawers (x4), Sub Zero Humidity Compartments (x2), Dacor Wall Ovens (x2), Warming Drawer, 6-Burner Gas Range, Fisher & Paykel Dishwasher, Asko Dishwasher, Microwave, Marvel Wine Fridges (x2), Ariston Barista Bar, LG Art Cool Air-Conditioning Units (x2), Deep Freeze, Clothes Washer (x2) and Dryer (x3), Klipsch 6-Zone Home Audio System, Home Theatre System, Control4 System, Exercise Room and Equipment, Pool Table, Foosball Table, Lower Level Kitchen (Fridge, Stove, Microwave), Home Security System w/ DVR, Automated Blinds (Kitchen, Family, Dining)
- Excluded Items: Bear Statue
Smart Home Ready/Wired for Control4, Home Theater Entertainment System, Refrigerated Wine Room, Nanny Suite
Georgie Finalists Kitchen, Bathrooms Throughout
- View: Greenbelt and Burnaby Mountains
- Outdoor Areas: Private Fenced Yard, Gated Swimming Pool, Balconies and Decks
- Site Influences: Greenbelt, Private Yard
- Amenities: Weight Room, Swimming Pool (with automated cleaning system) and Spa, Terraced Back Yard
- Parking Type: Garage | 3-Car
- Parking Spaces - Total: 5
- Parking Spaces - Covered: 3
- Parking Access: Front
|Main||Living Room||19'10 × 18'4
|Main||Dining Room||16'1 × 15'11
|Main||Kitchen||18'5 × 16'10
|Main||Eating Area||13'10 × 12'9
|Main||Family Room||19'1 × 14'3
|Main||Pantry||7'0 × 6'6
|Main||Wet Bar||8'9 × 6'1
|Main||Laundry Room||11'7 × 10'2
|Main||Office/Bedroom||12'2 × 11'9
|Main||Library/Bedroom||14'5 × 14'0
|Above||Master Bedroom||17'0 × 16'6
|Above||Bedroom||14'7 × 14'1
|Above||Bedroom||13'3 × 11'8
|Above||Bedroom||12'4 × 11'10
|Below||Games Room||19'0 × 18'9
|Below||Media Room||23'0 × 13'1
|Below||Kitchen||10'2 × 10'1
|Below||Wine Cellar||7'7 × 7'6
|Below||Gym||24'1 × 18'5
|Below||Bedroom||19'10 × 12'3
|Below||Bedroom||12'0 × 11'8
|Below||Security Room||7'8 × 3'9
Disclaimer: Catchments and school information compiled from the School District and the Fraser Institute. School catchments, although deemed to be accurate, are not guaranteed and should be verified.
There is 1 other house for sale in Braemar, North Vancouver.
There have been 3 houses reported sold in Braemar, North Vancouver in the last two years.
Most Recent Sales
Listing information last updated on July 13, 2020 a 01:40 AM.
Disclaimer: All information displayed including measurements and square footage is approximate, and although believed to be accurate is not guaranteed. Information should not be relied upon without independent verification.